|Rochester Amateur Radio Association, Inc.|
|PO Box 93333, Rochester NY, 14692||Telephone Hotline: (585) 210-8910|
The 93rd Rochester Hamfest will be happening on June 4th 2022 at the Hilton Exempt Club, 137 South Ave. Hilton, NY 14468 from 7:00AM to 2:00PM. Vendors and flea market sellers may enter starting at 7:00AM, non-selling attendees may enter starting at 8:00AM. Access from the East and West via Rt. 90 and from the south via Rt. 390. Detailed directions will be in the fourth coming Hamfest edition of the rag.
We've got plenty of space this year and are excited to host you and your friends for another great hamfest!
RVs welcome the evening before after 6:00PM (no hookups provided). RV parking will be in the main flea-market area.
Help Make The Hamfest Happen!
Join the fun and volunteer! Click Here to Sign Up!
Contact email@example.com if you have trouble or any questions
The Hamfest will Include:
● License Testing – Always Free 9AM-11AM
● ARRL Awards Checking – WAS, DXCC, WAC, and more
● Testing Station – Want to do some quick checks before you buy? We'll have some basic test equipment available.
● Door Prizes - You can win just by attending! (must be present to win) List to be provided as it develops.
● Bucket Raffle – Tickets 1 for $1, 6 for $5, 13 for $10. Prizes will be announced when the HF Edition of the Rag comes out. We have several items over between $100 and $400.
● Food – Breakfast and lunch, great food at great prices, ready for you as soon as gates open.
● Country Store – RaRa will be selling a few items, we'll try to sell yours for you too for a small percentage. Please download the Item description form (PDF)
● Flea Market – And of course flea market space for you to buy and sell a variety of treasures.
License Testing Detail:
We’ll have exams for two hours from 0900 to 1100 Saturday June 4th.
You must have an FCC Registration Number (FRN), the FCC is no longer accepting SSNs for this purpose.
What you need to know:
● Pre-Registration is highly recommended. Please make it easier for our volunteers by signing up at https://hamstudy.org/sessions/62162f49b94ed86bbe7b4676/1
● Mask, pen, picture ID required.
● The FCC requires an e-mail address.
● RaRa and Laurel VEC do not charge anything to administer, process, or file your exams. However, as of April 19th, the FCC will charge a $35 fee for new licenses which is NOT collected at the exam. More info from the ARRL on this https://www.arrl.org/fcc-application-fee
● Entrance Fee. Event entry fee is not required if you are ONLY attending for an exam.
Great news! We've dropped the fee to sell in the flea market. Entry is the same for those walking in to buy, or driving in to sell. Details below...
Member: As stated on the front page of our website, RaRa members get free admission.
Volunteers: Non-member volunteers that work for two or more hours will receive free admission.
Non-Members: $7 per person.
Students: Free (under 18 or with a college ID).
Sellers: No charge for any vehicle brought into the flea market. People in the vehicle will still need to pay for entry according to above.
Limited indoor flea market space w/ table available for $20.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an indoor reservation.
Non-Sellers: We have plenty of free parking for attendees not wishing to sell the flea market.
RVs: Are welcome to arrive the night before (June 3rd), after 6:00PM.
There is no additional charge to arrive early, but you will need to pay admission fee in the morning as stated above.
Talk-in Call Sign: K2JD
Even if you don’t need directions, be sure to connect with the talk-in station. We’ll be drawing a name/call from the list of check ins for an extra door prize.
Primary: 146.61/444.45MHz, PL110.9 (W2ARM Repeater)
Secondary: 146.61MHz PL110.9 (N2MPE Repeater)
Yes, it was labeled the 93rd, but thanks to some diligent research from
• Tim Barrett, K9VB
• Ed Gable, K2MP
• Forest Shick, WA2MZG
We think we’ve gotten a little more accurate.
Look for a full background in the special Hamfest Edition of The RAG
Last revised: 06/04/22 07:38 PM
The Rochester Amateur Radio Association, Inc. is a 501(c)3 Educational Corporation
Information Contact: email@example.com